Club Commitment Policy
Applies to: All Members
Implementation Date: circa September 2019
Revision Date: August 2023
Orillia Figure Skating Club (OFSC) is a membership-based organization recognized by Skate Ontario, the governing body for the Orillia Figure Skating Club and by Skate Canada, which is the governing body of Skate Ontario.
The purpose of this policy is to contribute to the growth and development of skating for our community in a safe sporting environment by providing our OFSC members with information on club commitments.
This Policy strives to provide increased accountability to both parties and provide a mechanism for transparency, identification of governance issues and an enhanced commitment to safe sport.
This Policy applies to all Orillia FSC members.
Club commitments have played a vital part in subsidizing registration fees for our members. During registration, members will be required to confirm participation in one or more of the club commitments. Once confirmation is selected, each commitment’s associated fee will be deducted from the actual cost of registration.
Families can choose not to participate in one or more of the commitments at time of registration. The associated fee(s) of the selected commitment(s) will then remain as part of the actual cost of registration and there will be deductions.
These mandatory commitments raise valuable funds to help offset the operational costs and ice costs of the club that in turn reduce the cost of skating for our membership.
The base registration fee includes ice costs, coaching and uplifter fees.
It does not include any of our general costs such as, but not limited to, office space rentals, program coaches fees, storage, office supplies, etc.
The OFSC skating season runs from September 1st to August 31st. Skaters/parents who opt into commitments are required to complete the activities/fundraisers during the skating season.
CanSkaters: Not Applicable
StarSkaters: StarSkate parents must commit to a regular rotation of playing music during their child’s registered session(s).
· It is the parent’s responsibility to find a replacement or switch days with another parent if they cannot attend on the scheduled date.
· If a parent continuously misses or fails to find a replacement for their session, the $120.00 fee will be charged to the StarSkater’s account.
· The penalty payment must be paid within thirty (30) days of the fee being added to the account.
For questions in regards to music, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gas for a Year Fundraising Commitment
CanSkaters: Parents are welcome and encouraged to participate, but it is not mandatory.
StarSkaters: Families are required to sell two (2) booklets of tickets for the fall/winter skating session.
· Each booklet has five (5) $20.00 tickets for a total value of $200.00.
· The completed ticket stubs and money must be returned to the Club prior to the draw dates.
· If tickets/money are sold or returned, the $200.00 fee will be charged to the StarSkater’s account.
· The penalty payment must be paid within thirty (30) of the fundraising event.
Tag Day Fundraising Commitment
CanSkaters: Families are welcome and encouraged to participate.
· Please advise an OFSC coach if interested in participating.
StarSkaters: Families are required to participate in Tag Day.
· Tag Day involves skaters (and parents for children under 13) standing outside a pre-determined store to receive donations for the club.
· This fundraising occurs in the spring of each skating season and each StarSkater will be required to participate for a total of two (2) hours.
· StarSkaters aged 13 years old or younger must be accompanied by an adult who will remain with them for the duration of their time slot.
· Dates and sign-up information will be communicated a few months prior to the event dates.
· StarSkaters will sign up for one (1) two (2)-time slot.
· The penalty payment must be paid within thirty (30) days of the fundraising event.
For questions regarding any fundraising events, please email email@example.com .
Club Commitment Opt Out Option
If you wish to opt out of any (or all) of the Club’s commitments, this can be done at the time of registration. Music and Tag Day each have a fee of $120.00 and Gas for a Year has a fee of $200.00 for a total of $440.00 that will not be deducted from the posted registration cost.
If any of the required commitments are not done by the required timelines, the fee of the commitment will be charged to the StarSkater’s account.
· The penalty payment must be paid within thirty (3) days of the fundraising event or the fee being applied to the StarSkater’s account.
· Failure to pay will result in suspension of the StarSkater.
· The skater will not be permitted to skate on their current session or register for any other programs until the balance is paid in full.
· Skaters will also be prohibited to participate in any club events such as Carnival, Club Competitions or try assessments until the balance is paid in full.
This Policy will be maintained by the Orillia Figure Skating Club and will be reviewed on an annual basis.